the neighborhood History
The neighborhood’s name comes from its history. Added to the City of Richmond in 1901, Scott’s Addition stayed close — its boundaries never changing — but wandered far with entrepreneurial visions. Breweries and boutique bowling, ciders and cinema, restaurants and rooftops and retail, all within walking. This is SA+.
growing the grid About The Association
It takes a village to raise a neighborhood.
Board members and officers are nominated each December by the current board to serve starting in January. Volunteer appointments serve three years, while officers serve one and can serve consecutively.
PresidentRiver City Roll firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice PresidentTurn RVA email@example.com
Der Au Michael
SecretaryAt Large firstname.lastname@example.org
TreasurerM&T Bank email@example.com
- Jay Bayer (Bingo Beer Co)
- Jake Bloom (Spy Rock Real Estate Group)
- Elle Correll (Buskey Cider)
- Phil Crosby (Richmond Triangle Players)
- David Cuttino (Reservoir Distillery)
- Rose Damian (Tazza Kitchen)
- Trevor Dickerson (Terazo & Boulevard Creative)
- Morgan Fett (Resident)
- Dr. Jeremy Hoffman (Groundwork USA & Resident)
- Max Malmgren (Atlantic Union Bank)
- Heather Montgomery (Resident)
- Jason Nicholas (The Chapel)
- Matt Raggi (Thallhimer Realty Partners)
- Greg Simos (Yebo)
- Christopher Tabor (Hazen & Sawyer)
- Erin Wischer (The Community Foundation)
What we do to make SA+ an A+ area
We maintain public spaces and public art and encourage and improve car-free living.
Infrastructure and Parking
We assess your parking needs and sidewalks concerns, your traffic patterns and trash pick-up, setting standards and noting deficiencies.
We work with developers to ensure smart growth in the area, vetting land use, special use permits, and zoning requests.
We make sure the community is constantly informed and educated with resources on how to succeed.
Membership, Diversity, and Residents
What's an association without membership benefits, happy hours, and meetings? We want to know, always seeking your input and feedback.
Marketing and Communications
We also handle media relations, Scott's Addition's website and social feed, and the branding of this beloved 'hood.